Recipe by Itisha Jain
Vegan Paan mini Cup Cake | Eggless Indian Paan Cake
• 1 cup Whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 3 to 4 fresh betel leaves for the paste
• 160 ml almond milk or oat milk
• 2 tsp vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• 1/3rd cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
• 1 cup powdered sugar or brown sugar
• 40 ml water for Paan paste
• 1 tbsp Gulkand
• 1 tbsp melon seeds (optional)
• 1 tbsp pistachios (optional)
• Prepare Paan Paste – Remove the stiff stems from the betel leaves, wash leaves, cut it into small pieces and churn them with water. Use Vitamin small jar for smooth paste
• Combine dry ingredients – In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, add the baking soda and baking powder, and mix well.
• Prepare Cake pan or cup cake pan – line with parchment paper or grease it with oil. Makes 30 mini cup cakes or 7 X 3 round pan.
• Combine the vegan milk and vinegar and mix well. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and allow it to curdle.
• Preheat the oven to 325 deg F.
• For Cake batter, In a mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar, and using a hand whisk, mix well.
• Add dry ingredients , milk vinegar mixture, paan juice , Gulkand and gently mix.
• Finally, add the nuts and fold them in.
• Pour this prepared batter into the cake pan or cup cake mold and tap it gently to break the air pockets.
• Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 325 deg F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. And for cup cakes, 15 to 20 mins is enough.
• Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and gently flip the cake. Allow it to cool for 15 more minutes before slicing.