JCSF Food & Recipe Blog
Recipe by Itisha Jain
Vegan Paan mini Cup Cake | Eggless Indian Paan Cake
• 1 cup Whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 3 to 4 fresh betel leaves for the paste
• 160 ml almond milk or oat milk
• 2 tsp vinegar or apple cider vinegar
• 1/3rd cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
• 1 cup powdered sugar or brown sugar
• 40 ml water for Paan paste
• 1 tbsp Gulkand
• 1 tbsp melon seeds (optional)
• 1 tbsp pistachios (optional)
• Prepare Paan Paste – Remove the stiff stems from the betel leaves, wash leaves, cut it into small pieces and churn them with water. Use Vitamin small jar for smooth paste
• Combine dry ingredients – In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, add the baking soda and baking powder, and mix well.
• Prepare Cake pan or cup cake pan – line with parchment paper or grease it with oil. Makes 30 mini cup cakes or 7 X 3 round pan.
• Combine the vegan milk and vinegar and mix well. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and allow it to curdle.
• Preheat the oven to 325 deg F.
• For Cake batter, In a mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar, and using a hand whisk, mix well.
• Add dry ingredients , milk vinegar mixture, paan juice , Gulkand and gently mix.
• Finally, add the nuts and fold them in.
• Pour this prepared batter into the cake pan or cup cake mold and tap it gently to break the air pockets.
• Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 325 deg F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. And for cup cakes, 15 to 20 mins is enough.
• Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and gently flip the cake. Allow it to cool for 15 more minutes before slicing.
Submitted by Itisha Jain – Credit: Piyasi Dadia
◦ 4 fresh Pan leaves
◦ 1/2 cup condensed milk
◦ 1 cup desiccated Coconut
◦ 2 tbsp coconut for
◦ 1/2 cup Almond flour
◦ 1/2 tsp Elaichi powder (cardamom powder)
◦ 1/4 cup Gulkand (Rose Petal paste)
◦ 2 tsp Clarified butter(GHEE)
◦ Wash Pan leave properly and chop it
◦ Grind pan leaves and condensed milk and make it a smooth paste
◦ In a pan, on low flame roast coconut with 1 tsp ghee for 3-5 mins
◦ Add almond flour and roast for 1-2 mins
◦ Take mixture in a bowl and cool it down
◦ Mix pan paste and Elaichi to it and make a dough. (It is sticky a little bit)
◦ Take ghee on your hands and roll small balls from it
◦ Add a little Gulkand in between to give pan flavor. kids and your family will love it
◦ Roll the prepared Ladoo in roasted desiccated coconut
◦ Repeat the same process with the remaining Ladoos. You can give a twist to recipe by adding more nuts or pan masala
Recipe by Itisha Jain:
A perfect healthy dessert to enjoy in wonderful Florida weather.
◦ 2 tbsp chia seed
◦ 2 cup Fresh mango or frozen mango pulp, make pulp with very little water
◦ Cubbed mango for topping
◦ Soaked nuts like almond , walnuts, dates
◦ Soak chia seed for 15 mins in water
◦ Start with adding mango pulp to your cup
◦ Add chia seeds on top of it
◦ Add chopped mango and chopped nuts at top
◦ Serve chilled
Looking for a healthy yet tasty snack, look no further than Zucchini appe
◦ 2 cup suji (semolina)
◦ 1 cup yogurt (home made preferred)
◦ 1 zucchini fine grated
◦ 2 green chilli finely chopped
◦ 1 cup water + 1 cup extra water
◦ Salt to taste
◦ 1 tsp eno
◦ Oil, mustard seed, seasame seed
Add suji , yoghurt , water and keep it for 15 mins
Add zucchini, green chilli, salt and water as required for consistency like idli batter
Add eno at end when you are ready to put batter in appe pan
Heat up appe pan, add very little oil, and once it is warm, add mustard seed, seasame seed and then add batter
Cover pan for 10 mins and flip appe and cook for 5 more mins
Enjoy delicious instant zucchini appe with coconut chutney
Shakkar para is a crispy, sweet, diamond shaped Indian snack that is usually made during the festivals of Diwali and Holi!
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Gud,Sugar mixed in 3/4 cup water
Oil – 3 tbsp
pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients together and kneed into dough.
Roll the dough thin like paratha.
Cut them in shape of diamonds.
Heat oil and fry in oil on medium heat.
Enjoy the crispy Shakkar Para during festive season or whenever the heart desires.